1) Almonds contain vitamin E which can help protect the skin from UV light. They are also low in saturated fats and contain calcium and magnesium for strong bones.
2) Carrots improve the eye sight, contain cancer fighting properties as well as the vitamin A being excellent for clearing up skin prone to break outs.
3) Dark chocolate contains flavanols (antioxidants) which can contribute to smooth skin and help to protect against/absorb UV light. It also increases blood flow to the skin as well as improving your mood :)
4) Flaxseeds contain omega-3 which plumps the skin making it look younger, hydrated, clearer and fine lines less visible. It also helps to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Try a flaxseed oil supplement and increase foods with omega3 such as nuts and fish.
5) Green Tea is naturally rich in antioxidants helping your body against free radicals.Some research suggests that drinking 2-6 cups a day can reverse the effetcs of sun damage. Read here for green tea beauty recipes such as facial spritzers and face masks.
6) Safflower oil is great for those with dry, itchy skin or eczema as it contains omega-6. 9 and vitamin E. Can be used for cooking or directly applied to skin to help keep skin supple.
7) Spinach contains vitamin C and is great for those with iron deficeincies. It is packed with lutein, which keeps eyes healthy and
sparkling. Spinach is also a good source of vitamins B and E, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and omega-3 fatty acids.A study published in the International Journal of Cancer found that people who
ate the most leafy greens actually had half as many skin tumors over 11
years as those who ate the least. It is believed that the folate in these
veggies may help repair and maintain DNA — basically strengthening cells'
ability to renew themselves.
8) Sweet potatoes are a nutritious alternative to regular potatoes. They contain vitamin A for eye health, reducing wrinkles, protecting against aging and dark spots. Vit A also helps to cure skin conditions like acne, sunburns, eczema, cold
sores, psoriasis, sun damage, etc. Vitamin C (essential for collagen production), folate and Vitamin B6
contained in sweet potatoes are also beneficial for skin health. Health benefits include stress, asthma and bronchitis.
9) Tomatoes contain lycopene - a UV ray fighting chemical. You can use it directly on your skin as it soothes sun burnt skin and contains vitamins A and C. Cure acne with tomato pulp, shrink pores with tomato and lime and get glowing skin with tomato juice and honey here!
10) Tuna has the nutrient selenium which helps to preserve elastin- keeping skin smooth and firm. Just half a can a day can help, or if you're not a fan of tuna try a handful of brazil nuts.